- Friday, June 5, 13:00 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan 2014, Blu-ray, 64 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Sho MIYAKE
- Production & world sales: Pigdom
- Camera: Sho MIYAKE, Junya SUZUKI
- Cast: OMSB, BIM, Hl’Spec, VaVa, Heiyuu
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
A small apartment located in the outskirts of Tokyo – the eponymous cockpit. In static shots we observe the creative process behind the recording of a hip hop song. From the sampling of the beat and the writing process to the actual recording, director Sho MIYAKE gives the audience an insight into the young artists’ way of working. Reserved yet poignant, he allows us to develop a deeper appreciation for the art of hip hop.
Sho MIYAKE was born in Sapporo in 1984 and attended Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo. His fourth short film TONGUE OF THE SPY was awarded the main prize at the Osaka CO2 Film Festival in 2009. His second feature film PLAYBACK (2012) was not only part of the international competition of the Locarno Film Festival but also earned MIYAKE a Rising Director Award at the Takasaki Film Festival.
2010 Good for Nothing (NC ’11); 2012 Playback
- Supporting film: LILIUM by BRDG
- (visual programming: kynd, sound: Yaporigami), Japan 2015, 3 min, no dialogue