- Friday, June 5 17:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Saturday, June 6, 20:30 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Japan 2014, DCP, 103 min, Japanese with English subtitles, FSK 12
- Director: Ken OCHIAI
- Script: Hiroyuki ONO
- Production: Eleven Arts
- Camera: Chris Freilich
- Music: Nobuko TODA
- World Sales: Eleven Arts
- Cast: Seizo FUKUMOTO, Chihiro YAMAMOTO, Masashi GODA, Hirotaro HONDA, Hisako MANDA
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Veteran actor Kamiyama works as an extra who always gets slashed in front of the camera. As the popularity of period pieces lessens, the elderly actor faces the end of his career. But hope arrives in the form of aspiring actress Satsuki, whose help might give Kamiyama the chance for one last performance. UZUMASA LIMELIGHT pays homage to the unsung heroes of Japanese cinema and takes an entertaining look behind the scenes of Japan’s film industry.
Ken OCHIAI, who directed his first film at the age of twelve, moved to the USA following his high school graduation to study film directing and film production. After directing several awardwinning short movies, commercials, and music videos, he directed his first feature film with THE TIGER MASK (2013).
2013 The Tiger Mask