- Thursday, June 4, 22:00 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan 2015, Blu-ray, 100 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director, script & world sales: Yokna HASEGAWA
- Production: EK-Stase
- Camera: Kei NAKASE
- Music: Shinda bokuno kanojo, Oliver Ho, Party Trash, Naoyuki KOBAYASHI
- Cast: Aki MORITA, Tomomi MABUCHI, Keigo TANI, Tatsuya UEDA, Norma ARATANI
- International premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
It’s the year 2034. Japan is divided into a northern and a southern part, with the northern part shattered by conflicts. Living in the north, Yoriko’s sole consolation is to visit the “Memory Club”, where she can access her late daughter’s lifetime information. When Yoriko learns that the memories of deceased individuals are preserved as “information life” in the south, she gains new hope. This neo-futuristic science fiction film had its world premiere at the 10th Osaka Asian Film Festival Indie Forum 2015 (CO2).
Yokna HASEGAWA is a photographer and director living in Tokyo. Since 2006 she has published many works on the internet under her pseudonym “Yokna Patofa”. In 2013 she received the “Honorable Mention Award in the Canon New Cosmos of Photography”. DUAL CITY is the second part of the “Japanese Year Zero”-trilogy.