The World Of Kanako
- Friday, June 5, 19:45 Mousonturm Saal
- Saturday, June 6, 18:00 Mal Seh'n Kino
- Japan 2014, DCP, 118 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Tetsuya NAKASHIMA
- Script: Tetsuya NAKASHIMA, Miako TADANO, Nobuhiro MONMA, based on a novel by Akio FUKAMACHI
- Production: Licri
- Camera: Shoichi ATO
- Music: GRAND FUNK INC.
- Distribution: Rapid Eye Movies
- Cast: Koji YAKUSHO, Nana KOMATSU, Satoshi TSUMABUKI, Miki NAKATANI, Joe ODAGIRI
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
When the lovely Kanako disappears, her latently psychotic father goes on the search for her, discovering a cesspool of sex, violence and malice. Tetsuya NAKASHIMA treads into morally ambivalent waters, sparing neither his protagonists nor his audience. Enter the world of Kanako at your own risk and prepare for a cynical, amoral and excessively violent trip – with no return ticket.
Tetsuya NAKASHIMA was born in Fukuoka in 1959. He received the Best Director Award for KAMIKAZE GIRLS at the 2005 Yokohama Film Festival. In 2011, his film CONFESSIONS was selected as the Japanese entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the Academy Awards.
1997 Happy-Go-Lucky (Natsujikan no otonatachi / NC ’04); 1998 Beautiful Sunday; 2004 Kamikaze Girls (Shimotsuma monogatari / NC ’05); 2006 Memories of Matsuko (Kiraware Matsuko no issho); 2008 Paco and the Magical Book (Paco to maho no ehon); 2010 Confessions (Kokuhaku)